- WIN BLOG
- IN THE NEWS
2014 State-Wide Endorsed Candidates
for Lieutenant Governor
Connie’s dedication to the citizens of Georgia is evident through her experience as a public servant for over sixteen years. Her accomplishments include:
- State Senator for ten years
- Appointed Senate floor leader by Governor Roy Barnes (first woman to achieve such a leadership position)
- Senate Appropriations, Banking and Insurance committees
- Chairwoman of the Senate Health and Human Services, with the supervision of budgets totaling over 2 billion dollars
- DeKalb County Commissioner
- Successful businesswoman
Connie is a fierce advocate for public education and job creation and will be a vital addition to the Democratic ticket with Jason Carter.
for State School Superintendent
Valarie’s leadership in key educational initiatives for Georgia, and her extensive managerial experience makes her uniquely qualified for this crucial role. Her educational and management achievements include:
- Chair of the board for the City Schools of Decatur
- President of the Georgia Association of School Boards
- Director of the Fulton County Human Services Dept. (managing a 26 million dollar budget serving children, youth and the elderly)
- Currently executive director of Atlanta Beltline Partnership, Inc., a private non-profit dedicated to supporting America’s largest urban revitalization project
Valarie is committed to implementing Common Core and resisting privatization of schools so that all children can benefit from an equal, quality education to prepare them for the global economy.
Robbin is fighting for issues that are critical to the families of Georgia, including quality jobs, a livable wage and equal pay for equal work. Her accomplishments as an attorney and public servant include:
- Associate General Counsel to the Grady Health System, specializing in labor and employment matters
- Senior Assistant District Attorney for Fulton County, working in the Crimes Against Women and Children Unit
- State Representative for House District 58, (served on the Judiciary, Labor and Industrial Relations, and State Planning Community Affairs committees.
Robbin will be an advocate for labor, the unemployed and underpaid. Her past experiences in public service make her an exceptional choice for this critical job.