- Past Events
- 2012 Candidate Reception
- 2012 Legislative Breakfast
- 2011 Legislative Breakfast
- 2011 Viola Ross Napier
- 2011 Men for WIN
- 2010 Candidate Reception
- 2010 Legislative Breakfast
- 2010 Deck the Halls!
- 2010 10th Anniversary Event
- 2009 Fact, Fiction, Politics
- 2009 Three Chairs Celebration
- 2009 Viola Ross Napier
- 2009 Candidate Training
- WIN Blog
WIN Leadership Academy
Applications for the 2013 WIN Leadership Academy Class are now closed.
WIN Leadership Academy is a year-long, annual program that positions women to run for local office. In a group of their peers, WLA class members learn about the inner workings of political campaigns and about priority policy issues. The tuition is $250.
1. Small Group Trainings: Held once monthly on evenings and/or weekends. WIN List staff, local and national guest trainers build and execute the WLA curriculum, which includes:
• First-Time Candidate Panel
• GOTV/Election Day Strategy
• Paid Communication
• Earned and Social Media
• Grassroots Voter Contact
• Campaign Planning & Budgeting
• Compliance and Donor Management
• Volunteer Management and Cultivation
• Research and Polling
• Messaging & Policy Development
• The Politics of Allies & Endorsements
2. Mentorship with WIN-endorsed state legislators: Class members are paired with a WIN-endorsed state legislator for at least six months and provided with mentor curriculum to execute.
3. Quarterly Lunch & Learn Policy Briefings w/ Experts: Each quarter, WIN List hosts a policy briefing lunch and learn with local experts and our endorsed legislators on the topics ofeducation, reproductive freedom,working familiesand theenvironment.
4. Campaign and Legislative experience with WIN-endorsed legislators and candidates: Class members commit to volunteer at least 20 hours between work on a WIN-endorsed campaign and at the Georgia General Assembly.
WIN Leadership Academy Class of 2013
Associate and Chief of Staff to Chief Justice Leah Ward Sears (Ret.), Schiff Hardin, LLP
Lindy Miller Crane
Senior Manager, Deloitte Global Strategy, Innovation, Corporate Development
L’Erin Barnes Freeman
City Attorney, City of Lovejoy; Solicitor, City of Stone Mountain; Senior Assistant Solicitor Ad-Hoc, City of Atlanta
Associate, Greenberg Traurig
Executive Director, Athens-Clarke Heritage Foundation
Principal & Creative Director, Element K Creative
Monica Lindsay Ponder
Communications Co-Lead, Health & Human Services Million Hearts Initiative, U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC)