WLA Class of 2019
* Deadline to Apply has been Extended! *
All applications must now be received by
Sunday, March 31st, 2019
The WIN Leadership Academy (WLA) is our flagship training program. The program focuses on preparing women to run for local office, hold leadership positions in campaigns, or seek appointed positions which affect public policy such as state or local boards and commissions or judgeships.
Women of all ages, races, backgrounds, professions, and geographical areas within the state of Georgia are invited to participate.
The 2019-2020 class will meet once a month on Sunday afternoons starting in mid-2019. The program will run through early 2020 allowing for a total of 10 classes.
- Class participation will be available for both in person and remotely via web conference.
- Classes will focus on a specific aspects of running a WINning campaign and other topics related to leadership development and group dynamics. Classes are taught by speakers and facilitators who are renowned experts in their fields.
- Preparation materials or homework may be assigned at the discretion of the class speakers.
- Class participation will also include attending some WIN List sponsored events and spending a day at the Capitol during the Legislative Session.
To graduate in good standing, all 2019-2020 class members must:
- Attend the opening session.
- Attend at least 75 percent of scheduled classes.
- Complete 20 hours of volunteer time for WIN List endorsed candidates or directly with WIN List.
- The program fee is $250.
- The program fee will be due after you are selected and decide to participate in the program. Payment options are available upon request.
- Scholarships are available. To inquire about scholarships opportunities, please send an email to GEORGIAWINWLA@GMAIL.COM. Scholarship inquiries will not influence the selection process for new class members.
The application is an editable PDF document. Once you download the application to your computer, you will be able to answer all of the questions directly within the allocated fields.
After you have completed the application, please save it as a PDF document with the following naming convention:
“WLA 2019 Class Application – [First Name] [Last Name]”
- All information submitted will be confidential. Only members of
the Georgia’sWIN List Board and staff will have access to application information.
- Applications must be completed and submitted with all required accompanying documents in order to be reviewed for selection.
To apply for the 2019-2020 WLA class, you must submit all of the following:
- Completed WLA Application with signature
- Completed Statement of Commitment with initials and signature
- Current resume
- Letter of Recommendation (only 1 required)
- Headshot image (preferred .jpg format) to feature on the WIN List website
All applications and required documents must be submitted by email to GEORGIAWINWLA@GMAIL.COM.
DEADLINE TO APPLY:
SUNDAY, MARCH 31st, 2019
If you have any questions about the application or the application process, please send an email to GEORGIAWINWLA@GMAIL.COM.