- Endorsed Candidates
- G0-BLUE BASH
- 2014 LEGISLATIVE BREAKFAST
- Women, Politics and Film: Fall 2013
- 2013 Viola Ross Napier Celebration
- 2012 Candidate Reception
- 2012 Legislative Breakfast
- 2011 Legislative Breakfast
- 2011 Viola Ross Napier
- 2011 Men for WIN
- 2010 Candidate Reception
- 2010 Legislative Breakfast
- 2010 Deck the Halls!
- 2010 10th Anniversary Event
- 2009 Fact, Fiction, Politics
- 2009 Three Chairs Celebration
- 2009 Viola Ross Napier
- 2009 Candidate Training
Alisha Thomas Morgan | House District 39
Checks Payable To: Friends and Supporters of Alisha Morgan
Campaign Address: 6570 Brandemere Way | Austell, GA 30168
Campaign Phone: 770-912-0609
In November 2002, Alisha Thomas Morgan became the first African American to serve Cobb County in the Georgia House of Representatives. The Georgia Legislative Black Caucus selected her as Freshman Legislator of the Year. Georgia Trend Magazine, included her as one of “Georgia’s Brightest 40 under 40,” and she was recently featured in Ebony magazine as one of the nation’s 30 leaders under 30.
After graduating from Spelman College with degrees in Sociology and Drama, she worked for the Alliance for Justice as the Southern Regional Organizer. While still a student, Morgan founded the Niamani Project, which has touched the lives of hundreds of Atlanta’s youth, helping them develop self-esteem and leadership skills by using the arts to address social issues. She also worked to revitalize Spelman’s NAACP chapter, serving as president for three years. Later, she became state president of the youth and college division of the NAACP, and she is immediate past president of the Metro Atlanta Young Adult Council.
Morgan’s many honors include the Friend of Education award and the Unsung Heroine Award from the Anti-Defamation League. Currently, she is actively involved with Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. and the Steering Committee for Georgia Coalition for the People’s Agendas. She serves on the board of directors for Georgians for Gun Safety, Austell Community Taskforce, and the State Committee of the Georgia Democratic Party. She recently married David Morgan, Jr., a motivational speaker and fifth grade teacher at KIPP Academy in Atlanta. The two reside in Austell, Georgia.
The District: The 39th District comprises South Cobb County and includes Austell and Mableton.
Georgia's WIN List is a political action committee dedicated to changing the face of power in Georgia politics by recruiting, training, supporting, and electing Democratic women who will serve as effective advocates for the issues most important to women and their families.
- Congratulations to Our Incumbent Winners and WIN List Endorsed New Senator Elena Parent
- Join Us October 28 for a Special Moment in History: Five African-American Women Statewide Candidate Forum:
- Georgia’s WIN List Endorses Incumbent House Representative Kimberly Alexander for House District 66
- WIN List Endorses Cynthia Bennett for Georgia Senate District 28
- First Lady Rosalynn Carter to Speak at the Ga. WIN List Go-Blue Bash to celebrate Women’s Equality Day August 26!
- 2014 Endorsed Candidates for State House and State Senate with Republican Opposition