- Endorsed Candidates
- G0-BLUE BASH
- 2014 LEGISLATIVE BREAKFAST
- Women, Politics and Film: Fall 2013
- 2013 Viola Ross Napier Celebration
- 2012 Candidate Reception
- 2012 Legislative Breakfast
- 2011 Legislative Breakfast
- 2011 Viola Ross Napier
- 2011 Men for WIN
- 2010 Candidate Reception
- 2010 Legislative Breakfast
- 2010 Deck the Halls!
- 2010 10th Anniversary Event
- 2009 Fact, Fiction, Politics
- 2009 Three Chairs Celebration
- 2009 Viola Ross Napier
- 2009 Candidate Training
Debbie Buckner | House District 130
Checks Payable To: Committee to Elect Debbie Buckner
Campaign Address: 780 Fielders Mill Road | Junction City, GA 31812
Campaign Phone: 706.269.3630
Debbie Buckner, a native Georgian, has lived in the Columbus area since 1957. She was first elected to the Georgia General Assembly in 2002. As a freshman legislator, as Secretary of the State Institutions and Properties Committee, a member of the Health and Human Services Committee, a member of the Natural Resources Committee and was the only freshman to serve on the Water Subcommittee. She was also Assistant to the Majority Whip. She authored, co-signed, or co-sponsored legislation to establish a Senior protection Council, to assist hospitals with increasing malpractice premiums, to increase time spent on physical education in school to curb childhood obesity, and to establish probation risk reduction programs.
Buckner is the Director of Community Relations at Doctors Hospital in Columbus and previously worked for the Columbus Health Department as Senior Public Health Educator. She earned her BS in Health Science from Columbus State University and attended Georgia Southwestern College to do postgraduate work and earn a teaching certificate.
Buckner’s community service includes serving on the boards of American Lung Association of Georgia, Columbus-Ft. Benning chapter of the American Cancer Society, Concharty Council of Girl Scouts, and West Central Georgia Cancer Coalition. She serves as secretary of Historic Talbotton Foundation and the Zion Episcopal Church Restoration Project. She is a volunteer and former board member of the American Heart Association and volunteers with Columbus Hospice.
Buckner and her husband of 30 years, Mike, live at Fielder’s Mill, one of the few operational grist mills left in Georgia. They have 3 children, two sons and a daughter.
The District: The 130th District consists of parts of Talbot and Harris and the eastern part of Columbus/Muscogee County.
Georgia's WIN List is a political action committee dedicated to changing the face of power in Georgia politics by recruiting, training, supporting, and electing Democratic women who will serve as effective advocates for the issues most important to women and their families.
- WIN Leadership Academy 2015 Application Deadline Extended to 1/2/2015
- Announcing 2015 Legislative Breakfast Featuring Former Justice Leah Ward Sears
- Congratulations to Our Incumbent Winners and WIN List Endorsed New Senator Elena Parent
- Join Us October 28 for a Special Moment in History: Five African-American Women Statewide Candidate Forum:
- Georgia’s WIN List Endorses Incumbent House Representative Kimberly Alexander for House District 66
- WIN List Endorses Cynthia Bennett for Georgia Senate District 28