Since 2000, Georgia’s WIN List has helped elect and re-elect more than 70 endorsed women, with 43 currently serving – 11 in the Senate and 32 in the House of Representatives.
With the help of our stellar WIN List reputation for electing women, Georgia has been able to achieve the following over the last 19 years:
- Long lead in the South for the highest percentage of Democratic women in any Southern legislature
- The highest number of African American women legislators for any state
- Rank 19th nationally for the percentage of women in the legislature, rising from 31st in 2000 when WIN List was founded
- While Democrats lost state legislative seats nationwide between 2009 and 2016, Georgia Democratic women increased their number
- WIN List endorsed candidates flipped seats from GOP to Democratic control in 2010 (one of 10 such victories nationwide), again in 2016, and twice in 2017
- Overturned a Senate GOP supermajority with the election of WIN Endorsed Jen Jordan in 2017