- Endorsed Candidates
- G0-BLUE BASH
- 2014 LEGISLATIVE BREAKFAST
- Women, Politics and Film: Fall 2013
- 2013 Viola Ross Napier Celebration
- 2012 Candidate Reception
- 2012 Legislative Breakfast
- 2011 Legislative Breakfast
- 2011 Viola Ross Napier
- 2011 Men for WIN
- 2010 Candidate Reception
- 2010 Legislative Breakfast
- 2010 Deck the Halls!
- 2010 10th Anniversary Event
- 2009 Fact, Fiction, Politics
- 2009 Three Chairs Celebration
- 2009 Viola Ross Napier
- 2009 Candidate Training
Freddie Powell Sims
Checks Payable To: Committee to Elect Freddie Powell Sims
Campaign Address: 5377 Goose Hollow Road | Dawson, GA 31742
Campaign Phone: 229.347.0251
Senator Freddie Powell Sims, a Democrat from Albany, was elected to the State Senate in 2008 to represent the 12 th Senatorial District. Sen. Sims serves as secretary of the Retirement Committee and is also a member of the Public Safety, Education and Youth and Natural Resources and the Environment committees.
Although this is only her second legislative role, her community, civic and professional involvement has been extensive. Sen. Sims has been an active member of Kiwanis International, the Fort Valley State University Foundation Board, a Deputy Registrar for Dougherty County, Children in Poverty and several other organizations. Her involvement in such organizations has made her the recipient of several awards and certificates, including the 2004 Outstanding
Financial Contributions to Capital Campaign award for Fort Valley State University and the 2008 Outstanding Legislator of the Year award for technical and adult education.
Sen. Sims decided to get into politics because of her desire to serve the public, more specifically to provide a voice for those citizens who do not seem to have one. Sims is a retired Middle School Principal and Doctor of Educational Leadership. Dr. Sims is a devout Baptist and is married to Norman Sims. The couple shares 3 daughters.
The 12th Senatorial District includes all of Baker, Calhoun, Clay, Dougherty, Randolph, Terrell and Quitman counties and portions of Mitchell County.
Georgia's WIN List is a political action committee dedicated to changing the face of power in Georgia politics by recruiting, training, supporting, and electing Democratic women who will serve as effective advocates for the issues most important to women and their families.
- Congratulations to Our Incumbent Winners and WIN List Endorsed New Senator Elena Parent
- Join Us October 28 for a Special Moment in History: Five African-American Women Statewide Candidate Forum:
- Georgia’s WIN List Endorses Incumbent House Representative Kimberly Alexander for House District 66
- WIN List Endorses Cynthia Bennett for Georgia Senate District 28
- First Lady Rosalynn Carter to Speak at the Ga. WIN List Go-Blue Bash to celebrate Women’s Equality Day August 26!
- 2014 Endorsed Candidates for State House and State Senate with Republican Opposition