- Endorsed Candidates
- Past Events
- 2013 Viola Ross Napier Celebration
- 2012 Candidate Reception
- 2012 Legislative Breakfast
- 2011 Legislative Breakfast
- 2011 Viola Ross Napier
- 2011 Men for WIN
- 2010 Candidate Reception
- 2010 Legislative Breakfast
- 2010 Deck the Halls!
- 2010 10th Anniversary Event
- 2009 Fact, Fiction, Politics
- 2009 Three Chairs Celebration
- 2009 Viola Ross Napier
- 2009 Candidate Training
Freddie Powell Sims
Checks Payable To: Committee to Elect Freddie Powell Sims
Campaign Address: 5377 Goose Hollow Road | Dawson, GA 31742
Campaign Phone: 229.347.0251
Senator Freddie Powell Sims, a Democrat from Albany, was elected to the State Senate in 2008 to represent the 12 th Senatorial District. Sen. Sims serves as secretary of the Retirement Committee and is also a member of the Public Safety, Education and Youth and Natural Resources and the Environment committees.
Although this is only her second legislative role, her community, civic and professional involvement has been extensive. Sen. Sims has been an active member of Kiwanis International, the Fort Valley State University Foundation Board, a Deputy Registrar for Dougherty County, Children in Poverty and several other organizations. Her involvement in such organizations has made her the recipient of several awards and certificates, including the 2004 Outstanding
Financial Contributions to Capital Campaign award for Fort Valley State University and the 2008 Outstanding Legislator of the Year award for technical and adult education.
Sen. Sims decided to get into politics because of her desire to serve the public, more specifically to provide a voice for those citizens who do not seem to have one. Sims is a retired Middle School Principal and Doctor of Educational Leadership. Dr. Sims is a devout Baptist and is married to Norman Sims. The couple shares 3 daughters.
The 12th Senatorial District includes all of Baker, Calhoun, Clay, Dougherty, Randolph, Terrell and Quitman counties and portions of Mitchell County.
Georgia's WIN List is a political action committee dedicated to changing the face of power in Georgia politics by recruiting, training, supporting, and electing Democratic women who will serve as effective advocates for the issues most important to women and their families.
- WOMEN TO WATCH RECEPTION
- OUR OWN STACEY ABRAMS HAS WON THE FIRST ANNUAL GABRIELLE GIFFORDS RISING STAR AWARD!
- GEORGIA’S WIN LIST ENDORSES SENATOR NAN ORROCK
- GEORGIA’S WIN LIST ENDORSES ELENA PARENT
- HAPPY NEW YEARS ALL: HERE IS OUR FINAL LIST OF BEST AND WORST FOR GEORGIA WOMEN IN 2013:
- 2014 Legislative Breakfast with Jay Bookman
- TOP TEN TOP BEST AND WORST FOR GEORGIA WOMEN IN 2013 – Day Four
- TOP TEN TOP BEST AND WORST FOR GEORGIA WOMEN IN 2013 – Day Three