- Endorsed Candidates
- G0-BLUE BASH
- 2014 LEGISLATIVE BREAKFAST
- Women, Politics and Film: Fall 2013
- 2013 Viola Ross Napier Celebration
- 2012 Candidate Reception
- 2012 Legislative Breakfast
- 2011 Legislative Breakfast
- 2011 Viola Ross Napier
- 2011 Men for WIN
- 2010 Candidate Reception
- 2010 Legislative Breakfast
- 2010 Deck the Halls!
- 2010 10th Anniversary Event
- 2009 Fact, Fiction, Politics
- 2009 Three Chairs Celebration
- 2009 Viola Ross Napier
- 2009 Candidate Training
Horacena Tate | Senate District 38
Checks Payable To: H.E. Tate Campaign Fund
Campaign Address: 201 Joseph E. Lowery Blvd., NW | Atlanta, GA 30314-3422
Campaign Phone: 404.577.5609
Dr. Horacena Tate was first elected to the Georgia State Senate from the 38th District in 1999. She currently serves on the Appropriations, Education and Youth, Health and Human Services, Retirement and Urban Affairs committees.
Born in Griffin and raised in Atlanta, Sen. Tate attended school in the Atlanta Public Schools System and graduated from Frederick Douglass High School in 1973. She obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree in Education from the University of Georgia in 1977. After graduating, she worked in the Georgia Department of Labor in 1977. She spent several years as an employee and trainer with United Airlines and Apollo Travel Services.
To further her formal educational pursuits, Horacena re-entered Atlanta University in 1987 and in 1988, received a Masters degree in Education Administration from Atlanta University and her Ed.D. in Education Administration from Clark-Atlanta University in 1992. She is currently president of Tate, Marsh and Associates, Inc., a software training, management training and technical writing firm.
Active in community affairs, Horacena has been the computer literacy advisor for the Butler Street YMCA, a volunteer software instructor for local churches, a delegate representing Clark-Atlanta University at the International Community Education Conference held in Trinidad and a speaker for several Metro Atlanta public school functions. During 2001, she served as vice president of the Rosalie Wright Community Council.
She has been an active member of the Cascade United Methodist church for many years and is a member of the United Methodist Women Group. She is a member of Alpha Kappa Alpha National sorority and has held a leadership role in the Kappa Omega local chapter.
Sen. Tate received the Public Servant Award from Coalition on Hunger in 2001; The Distinguished Public Servant Award from the Martin Luther King Jr. Drive Merchant Association in 2000; the Legislator of the Year Award from the National Association of Social Workers, Georgia Chapter, in 2000; the Leader of Distinction Award from Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc. in 1999, 2000 and 2003; the Outstanding Leadership Award from The Medical Staff of Southwest Hospital and Medical Center in 2000; the Outstanding Achievement Award from the National Women of Achievement in 1999; and the Unity Award from the Atlanta Job Corps in 2001.
The District: The 38th District includes portions of Fulton County and southeast Cobb County.
Georgia's WIN List is a political action committee dedicated to changing the face of power in Georgia politics by recruiting, training, supporting, and electing Democratic women who will serve as effective advocates for the issues most important to women and their families.
- Georgia’s WIN List Legislative Breakfast
- Transcript of speech by Leah Ward Sears at the Georgia’s WIN List 2015 Legislative Breakfast
- Thank You Melinda Ennis
- Today marks the 42nd Anniversary of Roe v. Wade
- Our Outstanding Panel of Endorsed Legislators on “The State of Women” @ Legislative Breakfast 1/28/15
- WIN Leadership Academy 2015 Application Deadline Extended to 1/2/2015
- Announcing 2015 Legislative Breakfast Featuring Former Justice Leah Ward Sears
- Congratulations to Our Incumbent Winners and WIN List Endorsed New Senator Elena Parent