- Endorsed Candidates
- G0-BLUE BASH
- 2014 LEGISLATIVE BREAKFAST
- Women, Politics and Film: Fall 2013
- 2013 Viola Ross Napier Celebration
- 2012 Candidate Reception
- 2012 Legislative Breakfast
- 2011 Legislative Breakfast
- 2011 Viola Ross Napier
- 2011 Men for WIN
- 2010 Candidate Reception
- 2010 Legislative Breakfast
- 2010 Deck the Halls!
- 2010 10th Anniversary Event
- 2009 Fact, Fiction, Politics
- 2009 Three Chairs Celebration
- 2009 Viola Ross Napier
- 2009 Candidate Training
Stephanie Stuckey Benfield
Checks Payable To: Friends of Stephanie Stuckey Benfield
Campaign Address: 940 Artwood Rd, NE. | Atlanta, GA 30307
Campaign Phone: 404.377.7014
Stephanie Stuckey Benfield has effectively represented DeKalb County citizens in the Georgia General Assembly since 1999. She currently represents House District 85, which includes neighborhoods in Avondale Estates, Candler Road, Columbia Drive, Fernbank, Forest Hills, Knollwood, Midway, Oakhurst, South Decatur, Wadsworth and Winona Park.
During six years of public service as a state representative, Stephanie has authored legislation to lower property taxes for DeKalb’s senior citizens, mandate equal treatment for girls’ athletic programs in our public schools, increase patients’ access to their medical records, crack down on domestic violence, and reform Georgia’s child custody laws.
Stephanie was a partner and family law practitioner in the Decatur law firm of Stuckey and Manheimer, LLC until the birth of her son in 2002, when she took a break from the law to be a stay-at-home mom. Prior to starting her own practice, she was a public defender. She earned her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Georgia in 1989 and graduated cum laude from the University of Georgia School of Law in 1992.
Stephanie has been repeatedly recognized for her leadership in the community. She was named one of “40 under 40″ promising Georgians by Georgia Trend magazine in 2002; recognized as one of “16 Attorneys to Watch” by the Fulton County Daily Report in 2003; presented with the Golden Shoe Award by Pedestrians Educating Drivers about Safety in 2001 for her work on traffic safety legislation; and honored with the Outstanding Public Service in Child Advocacy Award in 2001 by the Georgia Younger Lawyers Association.
Stephanie serves on the following committees in the State House: Judiciary (Non-Civil), Banks and Banking, Natural Resources and Environment, and Code ReWrite. She is a past chair of the Women’s Legislative Caucus.
A native Georgian originally from Dodge County, public service is a Stuckey family tradition dating back three generations. Stephanie’s father, Billy Stuckey, represented the 8th District of Georgia for 10 years in the U.S. Congress, and her grandfather, Williamson Sylvester Stuckey, served in the Georgia Legislature and founded the Stuckey’s candy store chain which is still a family owned and operated business.
Stephanie is married to Robert H. Benfield, Jr., a local trial attorney. They are active members of Glenn Memorial United Methodist Church on the Emory campus where they were married. She and her husband are the proud parents of a five-year-old son, Robert, and a 2-year-old daughter, Beverly.
Georgia's WIN List is a political action committee dedicated to changing the face of power in Georgia politics by recruiting, training, supporting, and electing Democratic women who will serve as effective advocates for the issues most important to women and their families.
- Georgia’s WIN List Endorses Incumbent House Representative Kimberly Alexander for House District 66
- WIN List Endorses Cynthia Bennett for Georgia Senate District 28
- First Lady Rosalynn Carter to Speak at the Ga. WIN List Go-Blue Bash to celebrate Women’s Equality Day August 26!
- 2014 Endorsed Candidates for State House and State Senate with Republican Opposition
- Georgia’s WIN List Endorses Amreeta Regmi for House District 95
- 2014 State-Wide Endorsed Candidates
- Please join us for our Go Blue Bash
- WIN List Endorses Robbin Shipp for Labor Commissioner