Georgia’s WIN List is proud to endorse Regina Lewis-Ward for House District 109 which includes the cities of McDonough and Stockbridge and spans Henry, Newton, and Rockdale counties. For the past sixteen years, the Republican leadership in District 109 has ignored the needs of women and working families.
Regina brings a compassionate approach to her campaign and is an experienced leader with the political courage to make tough decisions. She’s a lifelong advocate for education, reading literacy, and economic advancement in her community. In 2013, Regina was presented with a distinguished Spotlight Award by the Henry County Chamber of Commerce and Board of Education for her outstanding community contributions.
Regina holds a B.B.A. from Bernard M. Baruch College in computer systems and an M.A. in political science from Clayton State University. Regina has also served as a City of Stockbridge councilmember.
As a councilmember, Regina founded the Stockbridge Citizens Academy to provide a greater level of transparency in how the city operates. She also led the initiative to use Community Development Block Grant funds to upgrade public parks with inclusive special needs playground equipment.
Regina has more than thirty years of public and private sector leadership in areas of policy integration and management. As a leader in her community, she has worked with several organizations including the Atlanta Regional Commission, League of Women Voters of GA, One Henry Economic Alliance, NAACP, and the American Business Women’s Association.
Regina is running for state representative because she understands people are hurting and they deserve an advocate who listens and knows the heartbeat of the community. Read about her top three priorities below:
- EDUCATION: Regina strongly believes public schools are the backbone of a good workforce. She supports increased funding for local public schools, expanded access to Pre-K programs, and restored funding for the HOPE scholarship.
- WORKING FAMILIES: Regina believes working families deserve the right to earn a livable wage and protecting Georgia’s working class is a top priority. She also supports protections against workplace discrimination, equal pay for women, and transportation options which are both accessible and affordable.
- HEALTH CARE: Regina will advocate for the expansion of Medicaid and believes access to quality and affordable health care is a right. She also supports the protection of women’s health care and the eradication of the opioid crisis, which is crippling both Georgia’s citizens and economy.
- Website: www.reginalewisward.com
- Facebook: @reginalewisward
- Instagram: @reginalewisward
- Twitter: @reginalewisward